(Last Updated: 4/2/20 12:00PM)
We have been designated as a supplier for essential businesses and operation under the Illinois Executive Order in Response to Covid 19
We are therefore planning to continue to operate but we have developed strict protective measures to combat the spread of Covid-19 and are limiting the number of people within the store at one time for everyone's safety. We know this is stressful, but please understand we are doing our best to accommodate everyone.
New Store Hours & Services Available:
We will be open only from 10:00am to 6:00pm daily.
WARNING: currently we are out of stock for :
- 9MM FMJ's
- .38SPCL hollow points
- 12G Birdshot & Slugs
- 20G Birdshot, Rifled Slugs, and Buckshot
Ammo is now available only to customers who have a gun purchase or pick up appointments. Unfortunately we are not restocking as fast as we would like and just do not have enough ammo available for everyone. The current limit for ammo is set to 4 boxes per caliber of FMJ ammo, and 1 box per caliber of hollow points per appointment.Firearm purchasing is by appointment only until further notice. Please fill out this form if you are interested in making a gun and ammo purchase, and we will get back to you if there is appointment availability.
- Customers with storage lockers will still have access to them and just need to let a Maxon staff member know what you are here for when you arrive, but you will not have the ability to purchase without an appointment.
- Customers who wish to pick-up/drop-off with the gunsmith just need to let a Maxon staff member know what you are here for when you arrive, but you will not have the ability to purchase without an appointment.
Services NOT Currently Offered until further notice:
- Ammo only purchase appointments are not currently available because we have very limited availability of ammunition and find it is necessary to reserve it for gun buyers. We know this is frustrating for many of you, but if we do not have ammo available for customers buying firearms we may as well be selling them paper weights and we feel that is just not right.
- We will not be performing any FFL transfers, or shipping out any firearms.
- We will not be performing any Special Orders.
- The range will be CLOSED.
- FOID and CCL application assistance has been suspended at least until April 8th.
- Private Instruction and training classes will not be available.
- We will not be offering gun appraisal, trade-in, or consignment services.
If you have already made a firearm purchase recently and are waiting to pick up:
We know many of you are frustrated with your delayed background check approvals.
But approvals are slowly coming through so please just give us time to get your approval, and then contact you by phone to schedule a pick up date and time that works for you. The state seems to be running about 7-8 business days behind at the moment. If you have not heard from us within a week after your purchase please send us an email with your name, when your purchased, and what you purchased to email@example.com because we may have the wrong phone number for you.
- Gun Pickups are by appointment only now and we will contact you when your background check approval comes through.
- If you have already purchased a firearm and have made an appointment with us by phone or email to pick up please be on time as we are trying to deliver as many firearms as possible.
- We will have staff at the entrance to guide you.
Until Further Notice
ALL training classes up to April 8th EXCEPT Illinois Concealed Carry Renewal classes are cancelled. We are automatically refunding everyone with classes scheduled this month and encourage you to come back and sign up again when things have calmed down. We will be contacting all CCL renewal students individually by phone or email to ask when your concealed carry license expires and encourage those who still have time to cancel and reschedule into a future date. Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding during these stressful times.
Due to overwhelming contact by phone we will not be able to answer any calls for the time being.
Please contact us by firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns. We are doing our best to respond to everyone in a timely manner but please bear with us.