(Last Updated: 5/28/20 9:30AM)
We have been designated as a supplier for essential businesses and operation under the Illinois Executive Order in Response to Covid 19
We are therefore planning to continue to operate but we have developed strict protective measures to combat the spread of Covid-19 and are limiting the number of people within the store at one time for everyone's safety. We know this is stressful, but please understand we are doing our best to accommodate everyone.
New Store Hours & Services Available:
We will be open from 10:00am to 6:00pm daily.
The range is back open!
You must make a reservation though and we have had to make some policy changes to be compliant with the stay at home order so please visit our reservations page for more info.
Firearm, ammo, and/or accessory sales are now available for walk-in's and by appointment.
WARNING: we are out of stock for 380ACP hollow points.
The current limit for ammo is set to 2 boxes of 9MM FMJ, and 2 boxes of 9MM hollow points per customer. All other calibers are NOT limited at this time. We will keep this page updated as this changes.
We don't want to waste your time so we encourage you to check out our inventory if you are looking to buy a gun. Making an appointment guarantees you no wait. Walk up customers will be served in as quick as possible while continuing to strictly maintain a safe number of people in the store at one time, so you may be asked to wait in your car.
- Customers with storage lockers will still have access to them and just need to let a Maxon staff member know what you are here for when you arrive.
- Customers who wish to pick-up/drop-off with the gunsmith just need to let a Maxon staff member know what you are here for when you arrive. The gunsmith is typically available Tues. through Sat. but is out from 1:00-1:30pm for lunch.
- Private Instruction is available, but is limited to a max of 2 people per appointment.
- We are offering FFL transfer services by appointment.
- We are offering gun appraisal, trade-in, and consignment services by appointment.
- We are offering Special Orders for walk-in's and by appointment.
We have added dates to the calendar for the following classes:
- First Time Gun Buyer Seminars
- Basic Pistol 1 and Basic Pistol 2 Classes
- 16 Hour Concealed Carry Classes
- 8 Hour Concealed Carry Classes
- 3 Hour Concealed Carry Renewal Classes
Please be aware you must bring a face cover (ie: surgical or other mask) with you, and we are limiting the number of students in each class to 9.
Services NOT Currently Offered until further notice:
- FOID and CCL application assistance has been suspended temporarily.
- Some training classes will not be available.
If you have already made a firearm purchase recently and are waiting to pick up:
We know many of you are frustrated with your delayed background check approvals.
But approvals are slowly coming through so please just give us time to get your approval, and then contact you by phone to schedule a pick up date and time that works for you. The state seems to be running about 3-7 business days behind at the moment. If you have not heard from us within a week after your purchase please send us an email with your name, when your purchased, and what you purchased to firstname.lastname@example.org because we may have the wrong phone number for you.
- Gun Pickups are by appointment only now and we will contact you when your background check approval comes through.
- If you have already purchased a firearm and have made an appointment with us by phone or email to pick up please be on time.
- We will have staff at the entrance to guide you.
As a protective measure for our staff against Covid-19 we will not be answering many phone calls at this time.
Please contact us by emailing email@example.com for any questions or concerns. We are doing our best to respond to everyone in a timely manner but please bear with us.