(Last Updated: 7/27/20 2:45PM)
New Store Hours & Services Available:
We will be open from 10:00am to 6:00pm daily.
Firearm, ammo, and/or accessory sales are now available by appointment only. YOU MUST HAVE A FOID TO COME INTO THE STORE for purchase.
WARNING: we are out of stock for 9MM hollow points, and 12G birdshot but have buckshot and slugs in stock.
The current limit for ammo is set to 1 box of 9MM FMJs, and 2 boxes of .223REM or 5.56MM per customer. All other calibers are NOT limited at this time. We will keep this page updated as this changes.
We don't want to waste your time so we encourage you to check out our inventory if you are looking to buy a gun. Making an appointment is required right now and walk up customers will NOT be served. We are continuing to strictly maintain a safe number of people within the store at one time.
- Customers with storage lockers will still have access to them and just need to let a Maxon staff member know what you are here for when you arrive.
- Customers who wish to pick-up/drop-off with the gunsmith just need to let a Maxon staff member know what you are here for when you arrive. The gunsmith is typically available Tues. through Sat. but is out from 1:00-1:30pm for lunch.
- We are offering gun appraisal, trade-in, and consignment services by appointment.
- Private Instruction is back but limited to just a few appointments per day.
- FFL Transfer services are available by appointment.
- FOID and CCL application assistance is available by appointment.
The range is back open!
You must make a reservation though and we have had to make some policy changes to be compliant with the stay at home order so please visit our reservations page for more info.
We are having a hard time keeping up with demand for training classesBut we are trying to schedule more classes all the time so if a class is sold out you can sign up for a notification email to be sent to you when we get more dates in the calendar on each class page.
Please be aware you must bring a face cover (ie: surgical or other mask) with you, and we are limiting the number of students in each class to 9.
Services NOT Currently Offered until further notice:
- Special Orders have been temporarily suspended due to the severe interruption to our distributors supply lines at this time.
- Some training classes will not be available.
If you have already made a firearm purchase recently and are waiting to pick up:
We know many of you are frustrated with your delayed background check approvals.
But approvals are slowly coming through so please just give us time to get your approval, and then contact you by phone to schedule a pick up date and time that works for you. The state seems to be running about 10-14 business days behind at the moment. If you have not heard from us within two weeks after your purchase please send us an email with your name, when your purchased, and what you purchased to email@example.com because we may have the wrong phone number for you.
- Gun Pickups are by appointment only now and we will contact you when your background check approval comes through.
- If you have already purchased a firearm and have made an appointment with us by phone or email to pick up please be on time.
- We will have staff at the entrance to guide you.
As a protective measure for our staff against Covid-19, and due to the overwhelming amount of phone calls we are receiving now, we will not be able to answer many phone calls at this time.
Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns. We are doing our best to respond to everyone in a timely manner, but please bear with us. We can assure you we want to assist as many customers during these uncertain times as we can.
We have also activated our chat function on every page of the website now. Please reach out to us anytime by clicking the icon in the lower right hand corner, and we will respond as quickly as we can.
We have been designated as a supplier for essential businesses and operation under the Illinois Executive Order in Response to Covid 19
We are therefore planning to continue to operate but we have developed strict protective measures to combat the spread of Covid-19 and are limiting the number of people within the store at one time for everyone's safety. We know this is stressful, but please understand we are doing our best to accommodate everyone.