(Last Updated: 2/25/21 3:00PM)
We are open from 10:00am to 6:00pm every day
Currently all calibers other than 9mm are available only for range users, gun purchasers, and training class students.
|Caliber (FMJ's)||Price||In or Out of Stock|
|9MM 50 rounds||$39.99||In Stock|
|.380ACP 50 rounds||$29.99||Out of Stock|
|.38SPL 50 rounds||$38.99||Out of Stock|
|.357MAG 50 rounds||$38.99||Out of Stock|
|.40SW 50 rounds||$34.99||In Stock|
|.45ACP 50 rounds||$38.99||In Stock|
|.223REM OR 5.56MM 20 rounds||$14.99||In Stock|
Ammo inventory and pricing is subject to change due to rapidly fluctuating availability, and manufacturers vary.
9mm is limited to 1,000 rounds per day, and all other calibers are limited to 1 box per FOID holder per day currently.
We don't want to waste your time so we encourage you to check out our inventory if you are looking to buy a gun. Making an appointment is required right now and walk up customers will NOT be served. We are continuing to strictly maintain a safe number of people within the store at one time and we are taking temperatures at the front door.
FIREARM, 9MM Ammo, AND ACCESSORY SALES ARE AVAILABLE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Make an Appointment Below
- 9mm Gun Rentals are available for range users, but gun rentals in other calibers are only for classes and private instruction.
- Private Instruction is available.
- FFL Transfer services are available by appointment only.
- Special Orders for some firearms are available but may experience extreme delays.
- FOID and CCL application assistance is available by appointment only.
- Gun appraisal, trade-in, and consignment services are available at this time.
- Customers with storage lockers do NOT need an appointment and just need to let a Maxon staff member know what you are here for when you arrive.
- The gunsmithing department is currently not able to accept further work. Please check back later.
The range is back open but at a reduced capacity
You must make a reservation and we have had to make some policy changes to be compliant with the stay at home order and Des Plaines ordinance so please visit our reservations page for more info.
Training classes are back but at reduced capacityWe take the health and safety of our staff and customers very seriously therefore all class sizes are limited to 9 students or fewer, and face covers will be required, no exceptions.
If you have already made a firearm purchase recently and are waiting to pick up:
We know many of you are frustrated with your delayed background check approvals.
But approvals are slowly coming through so please just give us time to get your approval, and then contact you by phone to schedule a pick up date and time that works for you. The state seems to be running about 7-10 business days behind at the moment. If you have not heard from us within two weeks after your purchase please send us an email with your name, when your purchased, and what you purchased to firstname.lastname@example.org because we may have the wrong phone number for you.
- Gun Pickups are by appointment only now and we will contact you when your background check approval comes through.
- If you have already purchased a firearm and have made an appointment with us by phone or email to pick up please be on time.
- We will have staff at the entrance to guide you.
Due to the overwhelming amount of contact we are receiving now by phone we may not be able to answer your call at this time.
Please contact us by emailing email@example.com for any questions or concerns. We are doing our best to respond to everyone in a timely manner, but please bear with us. We can assure you we want to assist as many customers during these uncertain times as we can.
We have also activated our chat function on every page of the website now. Please reach out to us anytime by clicking the icon in the lower right hand corner, and we will respond as quickly as we can.
We have been designated as a supplier for essential businesses and operation under the Illinois Executive Order in Response to Covid 19
We are therefore planning to continue to operate but we have developed strict protective measures to combat the spread of Covid-19 and are limiting the number of people within the store at one time for everyone's safety. We know this is stressful, but please understand we are doing our best to accommodate everyone.